We consider ourselves a winning program and you, our athletes, coaches and fans, are a part of that program. Too many people measure successes based on W's and L's. Here is a cool list that I read today. How many of these can we check off and say that our program fulfills? Are we committed? Are we a winning program?
Please note, when we talk about a winning program – We are not referring to W’s & L’s exclusively.
We are referring to a winning culture, developing winning habits and setting winning standards.
Winning is all about commitment.
Every player and every coach must be committed to…
1. Academic work. Aim for success in everything you do, not just the stuff you want to do.
2. Behavior. Carry yourself in a first-class manner at all times. Be respectful.
3. Character. Doing the right thing all of the time (not just when someone is watching you).
4. The program. No one is bigger than the team and no team is bigger than the program.
5. Working hard. There is never an excuse to let someone outwork you. Never.
6. Working smart. Work out with efficiency & purpose. Learn how to play the right way.
7. Working consistently. Anyone can be good for a day. Work hard/smart every day.
8. Unselfishness. Be a servant leader. Put other’s needs first.
9. A winning attitude. Earn confidence through effort and demonstrated performance.
10. The team. Commit to your team’s philosophy and system of play.
11. Your role. Know it. Embrace it. Take pride it. Fulfill it to the best of your ability.
12. Your teammates and coaches. They are your brothers/sisters/parents. You are a family.