Junior High track schedule for 2018
||@ Allen East
||Home with Temple/Ridgemont/AE
||@ Perrry Commodore Invite
||@ Hardin Northern
||Home with USV/Temple/Perry
||Junior High Tiger Invitational at WG
||@ Anna Invite
||NWCC prelims at WG
||NWCC finals at WG
In this note you will find a few policies, expectations, reminders, and suggestions to use as your track survival guide!
- For updates and information feel free to add the remind app to your smartphone using the code wgjhtf. You may also check www.wgschools.org track page (Jr. High Track) for daily updates on practices and meets.
- Coaches Contact information for emergencies:
Coach Hennon: (419)230-3253 & Coach Spencer (419)303-5598
- All athletes are expected to participate in practice daily. If your child is sick they are to message a coach on remind and bring a note from a parent the following practice. Athletes who miss in excess will not be permitted to participate in upcoming track meets.
- A schedule of the track meets can be found on the school website, track page. If an athlete knows they are unable to participate in a meet they need to notify a coach at least one week in advance for entry reasons.
- Athletes are expected to stay for the entire track meet and ride the bus to and from the location. If an athlete is unable to stay a signed form needs to be approved through Mr. Purcell in the high school office in advance.
- We do not provide food before each meet. Your child should pack healthy “lunch” type items for after school.
- All athletes were given a gold Jersey top to wear this season. Everyone will need a plain ROYAL blue pair of athletic shorts or spandex with nothing more than a small logo. There can be no design, colored stitching, trim, or writing on these bottoms.
- Good low top running shoes are desired. Spikes may be worn at meets, but are NOT required, if your child chooses to wear spikes please make sure they are 1/8th inch pyramid spikes. Some spikes may be available for borrowing through older athletes, or Mr. Epperly.
- Cold weather: Under armour type garments may be worn. Boys wear white on the top and on the bottom. Girls wear ROYAL blue on the top and on the bottom.
With a variety of locations, and Ohio weather it is important that every athlete is prepared to participate to the best of their ability, no matter the circumstances! JH Track does NOT have a tent
What to pack in your track bag:
- Uniform-Gold Jersey, Plain blue bottoms
- Running Shoes
- Under Armour (if you so wish)
- Extra Socks
- Rain gear
- 1 ziplock bag for cell phones and electronics
- large garbage bags (for putting your bag in when it rains)
- Water bottle
- Snacks/Money for concessions